- Daren Ginns Centre - 24/7hr gym (memberships available)
- Indoor Sports Centre - netball, basketball, tennis, volleyball and cricket
- Kev Bannah Oval – rugby league, touch football, athletics, netball, cricket
- McIntyre Park – Racecourse, pony club and campdraft facilities
- Tennis Courts - two courts located next to the Sports Centre
- Bike Safety Track - mock road course for young people to ride bikes (across from Sports Centre)
- Indoor Recreation Area (Civic Centre) – used for various activities including circuit classes, fit ball, boxing, kids gymnastics and after school activities
- Skate Park - opened in 2000, shaded and includes a skate bowl/ramps and children's play equipment.
- Swimming Pool - toddler pool, 25m pool, splash pad and two waterslides!
- Tennis Courts
- McKinlay Race Course
- Kynuna Showgrounds
Gym - Daren Ginn Centre
The Daren Ginns Centre is a fully functional, air-conditioned gym which members have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The gym is equipped with tread mills, weights, bikes and more. New members are required to pay a $20 joining fee, and membership is paid quarterly at a cost of $20 per month which includes unlimited access. Exercise classes are conducted periodically when the need arises. To become a member of the gym or to find out more information please contact Council's Sport and Recreation Officer via email email@example.com or phone (07) 4746 7166.
Julia Creek Swimming Pool
Located on the corner of Shaw & Julia Streets, Julia Creek, the complex has a 25m public swimming pool, grass area, children's wading pool, picnic tables, all protected by shade sails. In 2018 the Pool launched a new splash pad and two big waterslides which are very popular! The Julia Creek Caravan Park is located across the road from the pool.
Winter Swimming Pool Hours:
Monday to Friday: 2:00pm-6:00pm.
Julia Creek Amateur Swimming Club
Club night Wednesday's from 5:00 pm.
School Terms one and four only.
For more information please contact club President Bec Climie - 0417 091 282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Creek Nature Trail
Situated along Julia Creek and the RV Park, the nature trail provides locals and visitors with a ~7km designated walking track to exercise in great surroundings.