McKinlay Shire Council employs staff through a merit-based selection process adhering to equal opportunity guidelines. McKinlay Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all suitably qualified people to apply for available positions. McKinlay Shire Council is committed to ensuring that employees are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their individual talents and capabilities to perform nominated tasks.
Job packs consisting of position description, selection criteria (if applicable) and a Application Form shall be forwarded to interested job seekers upon request either by post, fax or email. Job Packs can be obtained by contacting the Human Resource Manager on (07) 4746 7166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
- It is mandatory to complete a statement addressing selection criteria if instructed in the job advertisement. Applications supplied without a completed selection criteria (when deemed necessary) will not be short listed for positions.
- Please number all pages and write the applicants name on each page when submitting an application for a vacant position.
- Please complete and submit an Applicant Summary Form (PDF) when applying for vacant positions.
Please ensure all applications are marked Private and Confidential.
Email cover letter, resume, selection criteria (if required) and Applicant Summary Form to email@example.com.
Fax cover letter, resume, selection criteria (if required), and Applicant Summary Form to +61 7 4746 7549
Mail cover letter, resume, selection criteria (if required), and Applicant Summary Form to:
Human Resource Manager
PO Box 177
Julia Creek Qld 4823
Deliver the cover letter, resume, selection criteria (if required), and Applicant Summary Form to:
Human Resource Manager
McKinlay Shire Council
29 Burke Street
Julia Creek Qld
Assessment of your Application
- On receipt of your application, Council will post you an acknowledgement letter or email;
- Applications are forwarded to accountable supervisors within the department of which the vacancy exists;
- Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview process, whether that be by telephone or face to face;
- The interview selection panel will consist of three people;
- On completion of the interview process, members of the selection panel will contact the referees of the most competitive applicant/s;
- The successful applicant will be made a verbal job offer;
- On receipt of acceptance of the offer, the applicants that took part in the interview process that were unsuccessful will be advised.
- Feedback on application and interviews are available by contacting a panel member of which you will be advised off at the interview.