Cannington Mine Info Sessions
South32 Cannington invites members of the McKinlay Shire Community to information sessions that provide an opportunity to meet with South32 personnel and ask questions.
- Wednesday, 12 May from 5:00pm - 6:30pm - Supper Room, Julia Creek Civic Centre
- Thursday, 13 May from 9:00am - 11:00am - McKinlay Community Shed
PUBLIC NOTICE - Water Interruption Julia Creek
Council advises that the Julia Creek Caravan Park and Amberley Drive will experience water interruptions from 10:00am - 12:00pm on Thursday, 13 May. Public Notice
Welcome Julia Creek MPHS Director of Nursing and new staff!
Say hello to the new Director of Nursing and staff at a Morning Tea, hosted by the CAN and Julia Creek Hospital Auxiliary. All McKinlay Shire residents are welcome to attend!
COVID Safe Workshops
Are you a small business or community group who has questions on COVID Safe plans or running COVID Safe events? You can attend one of these workshops:
- Monday, 17 May from 12:00pm-2:00pm - McKinlay Community Shed
- Monday, 17 May from 4:00pm-6:00pm - Supper Room, Julia Creek Civic Centre
Increase Visitor Spend into your Business or Town
Do you want to see your visitors stop, stay and play, rather than just buy fuel or drive past?
- Tourism Industry Business Capability Development Workshop:
- 18 May, 9:00am-4:00pm at Cloncurry Shire Hall
- One-on-One Support Available
Digital Ready Worshops & Mentoring
This workshop is made to help you attract more customers and generate "world of mouth" referral:
Volunteer Camp Hosts Required for the Julia Creek RV Site
McKinlay Shire Council is proud to offer a free RV Site for self-contained RVs and Caravans (toilet and shower on board) for 96 hours. The effective running of this site iis not possible without Volunteer Camp Hosts.
Camp Hosts are required for the following times:
- 13 June - 14 July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- More Details
Meals on Wheels - Volunteers Needed!
If you can spare 30 minutes, two times a month, then you can make a difference to the recipients of Meals on Wheels. For more details or to volunteer, contact Tanya Parry on 4746 7166.
Colour-in for Farm Safety
Entries are now open for the WorkSafe QLD Farm Safety Calendar competition, which gives young artists an opportunity for their artwork to be published in the 2022 calendar. More Details
Ongoing Support Resources for Residents of McKinlay Shire:
The following services and agencies offer support for producers, small businesses and individuals that may be struggling due the effects of drought, flood and COVID-19:
- Small Business Financial Councellors:
- These counsellors provide assistance to small business owners who are suffering from financial hardship. Paul and Paula Misipeka service the McKinlay Shire regions, you can contact them today.
- ATO Drought Assistance:
- If the drought is causing financial difficultlies for you or your business, the ATO can help with more time to make payments, waiving penalties or interest charges, tax incentives and more. More Details.
- Recovery Connect:
- If you are affected by flood, fire or drought, Recovery Connect can help find support near you - from government, charities, and community organisations. Try their search feature.
- Rural Aid:
- Register for help or register to help through Rural Aid Australia's Rural Support Programs.
Julia Creek Car Boot Market
Happening on the first Saturday of every month from May - September. More Details
Containers for Change
In light of COVID-19 developments our Containers for Change representative, Ian, will be only doing a "drop and go" service until further notice. this means you need a Scheme ID to receive you container refund via direct deposit, no cash will be given out. You can easily sign up for your Scheme ID on the Containers for Change website.
5 June 2021, 8am-12pm - Lions Park, Julia Creek
Visit Containers for Change to find out what you can recycle.
McKinlay Shire Community Email
If you wish to keep up to date with the latest McKinlay Shire news and events, sign up to our Community Email list.