PUBLIC NOTICE - Stabilising Works, Shaw Street Julia Creek
Stabilising works will be taking place from 26-27 May, between Mathews Street and the Punchbowl Road turn-off. This will affect the RV Friendly Camp Site. Traffic Control will be in place. Full Notice.
PUBLIC NOTICE - Stabilising Works Julia Creek
Stabilising works will be taking place from 21-28 May, 6am-5:30pm at the Truck Pad near the Julia Creek Roadhouse. Full Notice
New Online Small Business Disaster Hub
The Small Business Disaster Hub is an online one-stop shop with checklists, messaging, insurance claim tips, links to financial assistance and how-to videos tailored to small business sectors to help them manage nine different types of disasters.
PUBLIC NOTICE for 1080 Pig & Wild Dog Baiting
Please be advised that Shire-wide Pig & Dog Baiting will occur from 31 May - 4 June 2021. More Details
Southern Gulf NRM Property Mapping Workshop
Join in on a follow-up mapping workshop to refresh, ask questions, seek more guidance and add more features to your map.
- 16 June 2021, 8:30am - 4:00pm - Julia Creek CSA Building
- More Details & Registration
Volunteer Camp Hosts Required for the Julia Creek RV Site
McKinlay Shire Council is proud to offer a free RV Site for self-contained RVs and Caravans (toilet and shower on board) for 96 hours. The effective running of this site iis not possible without Volunteer Camp Hosts.
Camp Hosts are required for the following times:
- 13 June - 14 July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- More Details
Meals on Wheels - Volunteers Needed!
If you can spare 30 minutes, two times a month, then you can make a difference to the recipients of Meals on Wheels. For more details or to volunteer, contact Tanya Parry on 4746 7166.
Colour-in for Farm Safety
Entries are now open for the WorkSafe QLD Farm Safety Calendar competition, which gives young artists an opportunity for their artwork to be published in the 2022 calendar. More Details
Ongoing Support Resources for Residents of McKinlay Shire:
The following services and agencies offer support for producers, small businesses and individuals that may be struggling due the effects of drought, flood and COVID-19:
- Small Business Financial Councellors:
- These counsellors provide assistance to small business owners who are suffering from financial hardship. Paul and Paula Misipeka service the McKinlay Shire regions, you can contact them today.
- ATO Drought Assistance:
- If the drought is causing financial difficultlies for you or your business, the ATO can help with more time to make payments, waiving penalties or interest charges, tax incentives and more. More Details.
- Recovery Connect:
- If you are affected by flood, fire or drought, Recovery Connect can help find support near you - from government, charities, and community organisations. Try their search feature.
- Rural Aid:
- Register for help or register to help through Rural Aid Australia's Rural Support Programs.
Julia Creek Car Boot Market
Happening on the first Saturday of every month from May - September. More Details
Containers for Change
In light of COVID-19 developments our Containers for Change representative, Ian, will be only doing a "drop and go" service until further notice. this means you need a Scheme ID to receive you container refund via direct deposit, no cash will be given out. You can easily sign up for your Scheme ID on the Containers for Change website.
5 June 2021, 8am-12pm - Lions Park, Julia Creek
Visit Containers for Change to find out what you can recycle.
McKinlay Shire Community Email
If you wish to keep up to date with the latest McKinlay Shire news and events, sign up to our Community Email list.