McKinlay Shire Garden Competition - Winners Announced!
Costa Georgiadis, normally host of Gardening Australia, hosts our very own McKinlay Shire Garden Awards show. Watch now!
Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you to all who participated in the event! See the list of winners
CDO, Kylie Davison will be in contact with the winners to discuss collection of awards.
McKinlay Shire Council are working in conjunction with Move It NQ to promote a healthy and active lifestyle. We are in the process of putting together a Proposal for Government Funding, which will assist in providing activities/events for Julia Creek. Therefore, we are seeking some community input – what do you want to see happen?
Send your suggestions to Eden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 689 723
Julia Creek Sporting Shooters
Next meeting is 6:30pm, 24 July at Gannons Hotel
New members welcome
Stress Down Day - 24 July 2020
Small Talk, Big Difference - RFDS
Small talk can make a big difference. Learn how to build stronger connections with family and friends during the tough times, and find out about the mental health and wellbeing support services available in your community. More Info
McKinlay Shire Financial Assistance Cards
McKinlay Shire Council will be distributing financial assistance cards to the community from funds received under the Disaster Recovery Funding arrangements (DRFA) - CAT 'D' Funding in relation to the 2019 Monsoon Flood Event. This funding is specific to our major flooding event on 27 February 2019, therefore these financial assistance cards are available to all residents (over the age of 18) in the Mckinlay Shire as well as contractors/workers (over the age of 18) who were working or living within the Shire boundaries during the dates of December 2018 to May 2019. Documentation proving residency will be required when submitting the application.
TAFE Queensland Volunteer & Events Training
- TAFE is supporting local communities by offering a this pogram as part of the QLD Government's Tourism Recovery Package. The training is designed to provide volunteers, of all levels of experience, with practical information and techniques to apply to their volunteering environment.
- More Details | TAFE Website | McKinlay Shire Enrol
E-Beef Webinars; providing key insights to Landholders & Industry Stakeholders
- 17 June, 12:30pm - Remote Water Monitoring/In-Paddock Weighing/Accurate Farm Connectivity - Register
- 24 June, 12:30pm - Movement of cattle using eShepherd/Smart Ear Tag for Animal Welfare/ Ultrasound Tech - Register
- Full Details | Southern Gulf NRM
Help for Small Business
- The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training have compiled a list of several free or low-priced webinars available to any who are interested in getting support or helpful information regarding their small business. See the full list with info and register links.
- 1 July, 10am - The drought cycle; adaptation and strengthening resilience - Register
- 15 July, 10am - Wellbeing after the rains - Register
- 29 July, 10am - Family wellbeing in the face of ongoing stress - Register
- 12 August, 10am - Preparing for tough times - Register
- Full Detail of all webinars
Building Jobs in Northern Queensland
- A series of free webinars for jobseekers, construction businesses, and employement and training has been launched to increase knowledge, improve employement outcomes, and improve aawareness of local labour for civil and commercial construction. More Details
Containers for Change
In light of COVID-19 developments our Containers for Change representative, Ian, will be only doing a "drop and go" service until further notice. this means you need a Scheme ID to receeve you container refund via direct deposit, no cash will be given out. You can easily sign up for your Scheme ID on the Containers for Change website.
1 Aug 2020 - 8am-12pm, Lions Park, Julia Creek
Visit Containers for Change to find out what you can recycle.
If you wish to keep up to date with the latest McKinlay Shire news and events, sign up to our Community Email list.