Grants for financial assistance are available for just about anything. Organisations can access grants from Government- State, Local and Commonwealth, as well as Private Sector, throughout the year. Many grant programs run to specific schedule times every year and some are one-off funding programs available for specific projects, programs or events.
McKinlay Shire Council Grants:
- View Council's Community Grants Policy.
- 2019 Community Sponsorship Guidelines and Application Form.
- Community Donation Program Guidelines and Application Form.
Community Benefit Assistance Scheme Round 2 for 2019-2020 NOW OPEN!
- CBAS Round closes on 28th February 2020. 2020 Community Benefit Assistance Scheme Guidelines and CBAS 2020 Application Form.
Grant Writing Tips
Our Community is a useful website that provides advice, tools and training for community groups and schools, and practical linkages between the community sector and the general public, business and government. The Funding Centre section of the website has many resources and provides information on how to find grants and tips on how to be more successful with your grant writing.
Regional Development Australia
Regional Development Australia is an Australian Government initiative that brings together all levels of government to enhance the growth and development of Australia’s regions. Chairman of Regional Development Australia Townsville and North West Queensland Inc (RDA), Mr Angelo Coco, and Committee members and staff are dedicated to strengthening the communities within the North and North West Queensland region. RDA is a not-for-profit incorporated association. Our Committee members have broad and diverse skills and experience, as well as demonstrated networks within our region. These individuals understand the challenges, opportunities and priorities within their local communities.
The Townsville and North West Queensland region accounts for one-quarter of Queensland's land mass and, with a population of approximately 272,416, represents 5.8% of Queensland's population.
RDANQ aims to:
- support informed regional planning;
- consult and engage with the community on economic, social and environmental issues, solutions and priorities;
- liaise with governments and local communities about government programs, services, grants and initiatives for regional development; and
- contribute to business growth plans and investment strategies, environmental solutions and social inclusion strategies.
Stronger Communities Programme
Expressions of Interest for Round 5 closed on 1st September 2019.
The Stronger Communities Programme is designed to achieve Australian Government objectives - to support small capital projects that will improve local community participation an contribute to the community's vibrancy and viability. Federal Members of Parliament (MPs) must establish a community consultation committee or consult an existing committee to assist in identifying applicants projects.
For mor information on the Stronger Communities Programme: