The Community Advisory Network (CAN) is a community group which meets quarterly to discuss health and health service issues within the Shire. Members include representatives from local health services, North West Hospital and Health Service, visiting health services, McKinlay Shire Council and government services. All community members are welcome to attend. For further information contact the Julia Creek Director of Nursing - firstname.lastname@example.org or 47 464 000.
The McKinlay Shire Community Nurse is Nicole Morris. Her contact number is 0447 773 151 or you can email her at email@example.com. The Community Nurse office/clinic is located in the Fr Bill Busuttin Centre on Church Lane in Julia Creek.
The Community Nurse works to support the provision of aged care services, community health, and health promotion to all ages and in home post acute care.
The Community Nurse works in partnership with:
- The Shire Community through McKinlay Shire Council
- Mt Isa District Health Service
- McKinlay Shire Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Local GP
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
Some Useful Links for Health Information:
- Women's Health:www.womhealth.org.au
- Men's Health:www.49.com.au
- Mental Health:www.beyondblue.org.au
- Children's Health: kidshealth.org and www.raisingchildren.net.au
McKinlay Shire Multi-Purpose Health Serivce (formerly known as Julia Creek Hospital)
McKinlay Shire MPHS provides a primary level of acute care services.
- An emergency service component which manages resuscitation and stabilisation prior to referral to the secondary or tertiary hospital
- General management of medical and aged patients
- General practice clinics
- Basic radiography
- Pathology sample collection
- Video conferencing available for consultations
- Mental Health
- Oral Health
- Child Health
- Occupational Therapist
Telephone: 07 4746 4000
Fax: 07 4746 7508
Julia Creek Medical Centre
The Julia Creek Medical Centre is located in Quarrell Street, Julia Creek - 47 467159.
Please note the new opening hours of the Julia Creek Medical Centre.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-5pm and Saturday mornings from 9am -12pm.
To make an appointment please contact the Julia Creek Hospital on 47 464 000.
McKinlay Bush Nurse
The McKinlay Bush Nursing Centre is opened Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm. (Outside of these hours the procedure is to contact the RFDS and/or 000.) Closed on Public Holidays.
Services provided include:
- health promotion and education
- well person health checks
- home visits
- basic pharmacy
- chronic disease management
- home and community care (nursing care)
- RFDS monthly clinic visits
- referral to allied health services and
- emergency care.
Area serviced is primarily McKinlay township and surrounding properties and Kynuna.
Phone: 07 4746 8505.
McKinlay Shire MPHS Newsletters
Visiting Medical Services