Julia Creek Early Learning Centre
In January 2016, Council took over management of the Julia Creek Kindergarten & Child Minding Centre, now operating under the name, Julia Creek Early Learning Centre. The service remains the same, providing long day care for children aged 15 months to 5 years and a government funded Kindergarten program.
- Childcare operates Mon-Fri 8.15am - 5.15pm for children aged 15 months to 5yrs;
- Kindergarten operates - Mon-Thursday 8:15-5:15
Shaw Street, Julia Creek
Ph: 07 4746 7279
Fax: 07 4746 7049
Julia Creek State School (JCSS)
- Prep - Grade 6
- 1 principal, 2 teachers, 2 teacher aides, administration, cleaning and ground staff
- Approx 40 students enrolled
PO Box 178, Julia Creek Qld 4823
Ph: 07 4746 4444
Fax: 07 4746 4400
In 2015 Council launched a Middle School in conjunction with MISOTA and JCSS. The Middle School provides for secondary students in Year 7-10 who do not wish to go away to boarding school. Students are enrolled with MISOTA through distance education and attend JCSS in a separate room specifically for secondary students. The students are supported by a teacher's aide during class time. For further information on fees or for an enrolment pack please contact Tenneil Cody - email@example.com or 47467166.
Mount Isa School of the Air (MISOTA)
Available for children who live on remote properties not within close proximity to any public schools.
PO Box 1683, Mount Isa Qld 4825
Phone: 07 4744 8333
Fax: 07 4744 8300
- Mount Isa School of the Air, Year 7-10 only;
- Boarding schools located close to Julia Creek include schools in Townsville, Mount Isa and Charters Towers;
- The Department of Education, Training and the Arts provides assistance to eligible Queensland parents whose children must board away from home to attend school on a daily basis because:
- their homes are geographically isolated; and
- they do not have reasonable daily access to a government school with the appropriate level of primary, secondary or special schooling.
Visit the website for further information on allowances.